1. Name _______________________________
2. Class Rank (choose one):
Undergraduate3. Major _________________________
Previous College Course Work:
5. Psychology (Please list all courses you can recall)
6.Computer Science (Please list all courses you can recall)
Previous Computer Network Experience:
Indicate your own estimate of your experience on the following scale: None=0, Very Little=1 Some=2, Moderate=3, Proficient=4.
7. E-mail17. List any programming languages you have studied or used in the past.
8 .Shared Directories and Files
9 .On-line Card Catalogue for Library Search
10. Discussion Lists
11. World Wide Web Access
12. Internet Explorer, Netscape
13. Internet Search Engines
14. Chat Rooms
15. MUDD or other Group Interactions
16. HomePage Construction
18. List any research that you have designed or collaborated with
in the past.
19. What are your hobbies or other special interests?
20. What do you have for computers in your daily life while at University?
21. What uses can you imagine for computers in your daily and professional life after you graduate from University?
22. Do you prefer voice mail, e-mail or paper mail? Why?
30. Would you rather know how to work a machine or how the machine works? Please explain why?
31. When learning something new, do you like to start with the basic facts and build from there or do you prefer to get the big picture first and then get the details? Why?
32. In an average day, how often do you think about what made people do what they do? Why?
33. Do you have your own computer? If not, do you have a favorite computer in a lab or other space?
34. How would you characterize your relationship to that computer? (If you don’t have a favorite computer, please use this space to explain why.)
35. Please list some of the teams you have been on in the past. (Please be inclusive. Examples could include school work teams, paid employment teams, sports teams, marching band, role playing games and so forth.)
36. Now think of small teams you have been on (no more than four or five). Do you prefer to work on such a team to complete a project or would you prefer to do the project alone? Why?
37. When you are working on a team, what can frustrate you the most?
38. When you are working on a team, what about the team process
encourages you the most?
40. When you are working on a team is there a particular role that you prefer to play? If so, what is it?
41. What is your first reaction to the following favorite saying by Dr. Webster, “Life is a word problem!”
42. How would you characterize your own problem solving skills right now?
43. Do you think that the same problem solving skills can be used with people problems and computer problems? Why or why not?
44. What is your initial reaction to the phrase, “Vive le Cyberspace!”
45. In one sentence, describe the goal of psychology.
46. List three things you hope to learn in this course.
47. List three skills that you hope to develop through this course.
48. Finally, list any fears or concerns you have going into this course.